Please note: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in person, via telephone or through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.
The Legal Representation You Need, The Experience You Can Trust
- Auto Accidents
- Serious Injury
- Workers’ Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- Land Use/Zoning
- Land Condemnation
Gary Thomas is a 1977 graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a 1981 graduate of Wake Forest University School of Law. After earning his law degree, Mr. Thomas became an Assistant District Attorney prosecuting criminal cases. Since 1984 he has been in private practice concentrating in a civil trial practice in all the courts of North Carolina and the N.C. Industrial Commission. He has tried all kinds of cases. His primary emphasis has been on wrongful death, workers' compensation and divorce/family law cases. He also is a certified mediator in Superior Court and Family law cases.
Mr. Thomas is a member of the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers. He also is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association and a former president of the Iredell County Bar and the 22nd Judicial District Bar. He has served as the four county representative on the North Carolina State Bar Council which licenses, regulates and disciplines attorneys and was a member of the State Judicial Council which is chaired by the Chief Justice of the N.C. Supreme Court.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1981
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- North Carolina, 1981
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 1982
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1985
- Certified Mediator
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice , Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- Iredell County Bar Association, Former President
- 22nd Judicial District Bar Association, Former President
- North Carolina State Bar Council, Former Member